Friday, August 01, 2008

Summer 08

Wow, its almost a year and I'm about to start planning Megan's 1st b.day. Megan is now at 19lbs and is beginning to cruise. She really doesn't care to walk. She likes to stand up for a bit and then blop on down. She crawls everywhere and loves her big sister. Her big sister and her look at each other and blow raspberries at one another and have a ball. Its so cute how the interact with each other when Lauren is willing to share. I'm really glad I had them close together, now they'll always have each other and as Meg gets older and bigger they can run off and play together. NICE!!! Megan knows to give everyone a kiss at night before she goes to bed she just leans in and opens her mouth, and all her slobber drips on you.. YUUCKKK! I sing songs to her and she'll just start clapping and having a grand ole time. She's such a cute and easy baby. She's not very demanding she just loves to play and crawl.

I was going back and forth on how I should handle this party and I've come up with a solution. I'll have friends come in the afternoon so I can focus on them for a couple of hours and then family will come later. Friends are welcome to stay later, but I just think this works out better. We'll probably have two sets of foods. I decided to do this because I've had many parties now and I can't seem to spend enough time with friends and I feel so bad.

This summers been interesting. Angie's in trouble she got in trouble a couple weeks back and now can't go anywhere the entire summer. Man, this is a learning experience for me, I am not looking forward to the girls teenage years. I'm sure those years will be very difficult. Already now I'm the mean parent and Peter's the nice parent. I'm okay with that I guess.. it just doesn't feel good all the time when I have to punish them.

***Summer Activities***
Hmmm... we gone to the beach a couple of times. The last time we went it was fun. We all went crabbing and caught a cooler full of blue crabs... actually Andrew caught most of them, and he paid the price for being out there the whole time. Dork decided he wanted a tan so he rubbed tan lotion over himself. Instead he came back like a lobster. He was RED!!! Angie and I suck at this crabbing thing, but it was fun any how.

We went to a wedding in Waco, why Waco you ask, Peter's niece thought it would be a good compromise between her and her hubby's family to have it there. Peter's niece met her hubby at baylor so they thought that would be good for both families to meet half way between Houston and Dallas. The girls did very well on the car ride. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be... WONDERFUL. The wedding was very small. I don't think she even invited any friends. It was just family. I've only met this niece a handful of times. She's actually older then me.

Also, we've gone to Splash town this summer. It was fun. I think we may go back and bring Lauren this time. They have a lot of little kiddie areas and I think Lauren would have a blast. She just loves the water. Megan on the other hand didn't take to well to our little pool we had out a couple months back. This was m first time at Splash town and it was FUN, and it isn't that far. Its like a hours drive from home. That's bearable vs. Schlitterbahn (2hours)..



Well I think that's about it. I'll keep posting our summer plans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home